About the centre
Centrally located in the Southport Medical Precinct, situated within the same building as Pathology, Radiology and Chemotherapy, our centre has been offering comprehensive cancer treatments since September 2008. With cutting edge technology and specialised treatments, we offer some of Australia’s most advanced cancer therapies.
Complementary door-to-door bus service is available for eligible Public and Private patients, to assist them in attending their daily appointments.
Our treatments and services
- Stereotactic Ablative Body/Cranial Radiotherapy (SABRT) – Single or multi fraction for:
- Soft Tissue
- Bone Metastasis
- Barrigel® Prostate Spacer
- Surface Guided Radiation Therapy: Align RT Advance® – Tattoo Free
- Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH)
- Radiation therapy for non-malignant skin cancer:
- Dupuytren’s Contracture
- Planta Fasciitis
- Keloid Scar
- Porokeratosis (DSAP)
- Graves Disease
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT)
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (VMAT)
- Rapid Access Palliative Care Treatment
- Clinical Trials/Research
- Non-melanoma skin cancers Click here for further details.
Allied Health Services
- Prostate Cancer Specialist Nurse
- Lymphoedema Specialist
- Exercise Physiologist
- Clinical Counsellor
New prostate cancer treatment
Stereotactic Ablative Body Radiotherapy (SABRT), is traditionally used to treat lung, liver, soft tissue, spine, and bone as well as tumours in individual lymph nodes. Due to rapid technological advances within our centres, SABRT is now a suitable treatment technic for prostate cancer patients. This treatment is only available at Genesis Care.
SABRT accurately targets cancer cells with high doses of radiation, while minimising exposure to surrounding non-cancerous tissues. The result is same efficacy but less side effects. The full radiation dose is typically completed in only 5 treatment days. The short treatment course means minimum disruption to your lifestyle.
Private health insurance is not required for radiation therapy treatments. Medicare reimburses between 80 and 90% of the cost of treatment and we have payment plans to suit all incomes. Click here for more information.